Tag Manager Plus – Part 2: Google Tag Manager Setup
On This Page
Google Tag Manager is a free tag manager solution which is a system that allows quick updates to tags and code snippets for websites. It saves from involving a developer when configuring tags and can be used to implement Google Analytics, Google Adwords and other 3rd party or custom tags to a website.
This section begins with opening a Google Tag Manager Account and then continues to explain the step by step procedures needed to setup Triggers, Variables and Tags.
Opening a Google Tag Manager Account
If you already use Google Tag Manager for your organisation skip to “Part 2a: Set up Variables“.
- Google recommends that companies only have one Google Tag Manager Account from which your can set up multiple Containers.
- Go to this URL to sign up: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/
- Sign in with your Google Account. Create one if needed.
- Enter a name for the account (eg. your business name).
- Enter the URL of your store for the container name
- Select “Web”
- Click “Create”
- When you see ‘Install Google Tag Manager” just click OK to close it – we’ll be taking care of that step later.
- You will now be in the default workspace of your Google Tag Manager account.