Google recently announced a new product, Google Attribution, with a view to helping marketers measure the impact of their marketing efforts across both channels and devices.
Historically, attribution tools have been difficult to set up, lose tracking visibility over customer journeys when people switch between devices, nor have they been integrated with ad tools, making it extremely difficult to accurately take informed actions.
Google Attribution can help you:
- Understand how all of your marketing activities are working together
- Deliver the necessary insights required to make your activities work better together
- Integrate Adwords, Google Analytics and DoubleClick Search, making it simple and fast to consolidate your data from every channel and thus providing complete visibility over performance
- Move away from last-click attribution and towards data-driven attribution, using machine-learning to assign credit to each step of the customer journey
Google Attribution is now in beta and will roll out to more advertisers over the coming months.
Data Studio Now available Globally (and it’s free!)
Data Studio is now available for free and without reporting limitations in over 180 countries. The product allows you to easily connect to data to create information and visually pleasing reports which are easy to read, share and customise.
Key Features in Data Studio include:
- Filters: you can filter your data in many ways, easily reuse filters on multiple charts, utilise compound filtering to combine multiple AND and OR conditions together and filter established metric values that are too large or small.
- GA Segments: Google Analytics segments can be applied to your charts. They are viewable in Data Studio and if updated in GA, the changes are also applied to your segments in Data Studio.
- Powerful Data Connectors: Popular data connectors in Data Studio include Youtube, DoubleClick, Campaign Manager and Adwords.
- Google Cloud Platform Integrations: Integration and improvements to the Google Cloud Platform enables fast data reporting, at scale, with powerful functionality.
- File Upload: Data Studio can upload 2GB of CSV data for free, lifting restrictions on data access from SQL or Google databases only.
Adwords & Optimize Integration
From managing media, to optimizing your site and collecting performance insights, your marketing workflows need to be seamless and integrated. This will allow you to easily apply learnings and take action, fast. With new integrations for Google Optimize and AdWords you will now have the ability to efficiently test landing pages, gaining valuable insights about your ads.
The new integration allows you to create new variations of your landing pages and apply them to any combination of AdWords campaigns, ad groups and keywords. It’s fast and easy and requires no coding or webmaster.
With Optimize determining which variation performs best for your company, it aims to assist you in getting more value from your AdWords campaigns.
Google Analytics Enhancements
Google Analytics is now even easier to use to gain the insights you need. After a redesigned mobile app for an improved on the go experience last year, followed by the introduction of automated insights within the app, Google have recently simplified their website user interface.
The most recent enhancements have been designed to help you make better data-driven decisions based on a more insightful user understanding.
Google Analytics “Home” features:
- Viewable snippets from a curated set of GA reports with simple controls.
- Each Snippet is preceded by helpful questions to frame your data.
- Digging deeper is easier, simply hover on any data point to access more details or drill into relevant reports
- Your “home” is automatically configured based on your GA setup.
- Your former default landing page, Audience Overview is still accessible. Open “Audience” section in your navigation and click on overview to access.
The new “Discover” page holds all of the latest enhancement information. It offers products and experiences to assist you with manoeuvring through your GA account.
Helpful products including Optimize, tools such as the GA mobile app, features like Custom Alerts and educational material from the Analytics Academy are all included in the Discover page.
We recommend spending some time exploring these Google Analytics enhancements to make sure you are getting the most out of your experience.